Crossroads Care East Midlands provides short breaks for carers … Quite simply, we come into your home, step into your shoes and give you a break from the day-to-day stresses of caring. This might be for a three hour period or longer, for an overnight stay or a weekend …we’re flexible …it’s about what you need. We do this for individual carers but also for families who are sharing responsibility for caring.
Time for yourself
Taking a break in this way takes the pressure off carers in every day jobs like shopping. It gives you time-out for yourself, for a game of golf or a long walk. It makes it possible to re-connect with your family and friends, clubs and societies, and to go back to or remain in employment.
What we do
Our goal is to meet the needs of the person you care for. In discussion with them and you, we will produce a personal care plan which may include any or all of the following:
- Bathing, dressing and undressing
- Meal preparation and assistance with feeding
- Assistance with moving
- Managing continence
- Rehabilitation and development programmes under the instruction of Physios / O.T.s
- Assistance with medication
- Light domestic duties including laundry if required, during the Carer’s absence
- Support for activities outside the home – socialising / pursuing hobbies
- Support for attending appointments – hospital/dental/hairdressing
Our Carer Support Workers will, within the boundaries of Health and Safety, undertake the role carried out by the Carer.
Crossroads Care East Midlands recognises the diversity and levels of complexity with all types of disability. Specialist services are available for those living with dementia and other mental health conditions.
For more information please call 0115 962 8920 or email us